Sunday, July 6, 2008



The Pledge


I Elena pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed Elena.


I thought about doing a pledge that lasted 4, maybe even 6 months, but then i figured i'd start with 2 and see how that went for me. So far i'm looking foreward to all the things that I can make, and hopefully I'll get to the thrift store soon. Right now there are two skirts that I have cut and sewn so that my short stature can wear them (hopefully pictures will be up later.) I did however find my camara; for the last few months it has been tucked between my bed and the wall just hangin out waiting for someone to come upon it. It was actually my dad that found it.

I have an appointment on friday at 3:40 to get tested for my license. Wish me luck! I've had my permit for longer than 6 months so I feel pretty confident in my driving ability.

1 comment:

Laume said...

I think at your age, 2 months is a good start. I went straight for the sixth because I have some serious wardrobe reducing to do. So we have very different situations. This makes it more of a fun commitment for you instead of a heavy obligation. And if you like it, you can always sign up again. I hope you inspire some of your friends. What do they think about the idea? Or they don't know about it yet? It'll be cool to hear what they say when you start to wear some of your "new" sutff.