Thursday, October 11, 2007

School

Throughout the day I have thought about it, and kids would be a lot more interesting in school if it seemed more interesting. It doesn't make sense to me that teachers take a situation, and make you memorize basically everything about it, when in reality you're going to forget everything you just learned anyways. My math teacher has to be one of the best teachers I've ever had in my life. He knows that school is meant to prepare you for the real world, and takes that into consideration as he teaches us. He gives us examples of when you would use things in real life, and also lets us use notes on test because "in the real world you wouldn't memorize it, you'd have it in your plans or your notes." This makes total complete sense to me, and during his class i listen the entire time, whereas in my other classes i always feel as though im about to fall asleep. Teacher's are important, don't get me wrong, I just believe that they should be required to make the subject interesting.

No comments: