Sunday, July 8, 2007

Drowing in Crafts

The last few days I've been really busy with making fairy costumes and trying to finish my quilt. So far I have Brianna's two costumes done. I've found that making these things definitely relieve any stress that you have in your life and are a productive way to spend your time. I'm really glad that I decided to make the costumes instead of buying them.

Today my mom and I went to several different stores to find fabrics, flowers, and clothing that could be used for fairy costumes. We first went to the Salvation Army and found not only stuff for the costumes, but also a ton of other stuff that we probably didn't need. Almost everything there was buy one get one free, so we only ended up spending about $50, which was amazing for the amount of stuff that we bought. We stopped by target for some things that my mom needed when she said "the things that fairies wear kind of look like underwear." I thought that this was pretty funny, but I humored her and we went and looked. It turned out that we did find something that would be a great addition to my costume, but of course I'm wearing something under it.

After that we were on our way to the fabric store when my mom decided that she wanted to stop at a HomeGoods store. She ended up finding the rug that she's been looking for since we've moved into our house, along with other decorations for the house. The fabric store came next. I looked and found all the fabric that I'd needed, which was only about 1.50 per yard. Right after we arrived home, I decided to start on Brianna's costumes. The first step was to make her first skirt which looks like this:
(That's my cat Annie in the corner.)
All I did was cut it off of an old dress that we bought at Salvation Army and make it into a skirt. I don't have picture of the other one that I made her but it was a short dress, green, and velvet. After I was done measuring and sewing, we started making wings for ourselves. None of it turned out that badly.

No comments: