Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just Another Day

Let's see, where to start. Well, I got up this morning at about eight because I had an appointment with my eye doctor, who ended up giving me new contacts for astigmatism. It's nothing serious, just a way to help me see a lot clearer. When I arrived at home I ended up sleeping for about 3-4 hours. After I got up, I put the finishing touches on my wings. Here is a better picture of them:



As I was walking around with the camara, I discovered my lovable kitten sleeping in her favorite spot on the cat's gym:

I worked more on the costume for Brianna and after a while my Mom came and picked me out so that we could go run some errands. For dinner I had half of a Pizza Hut Pizzone, which was awesome, just a lot of food. I went to my room to and decided to quilt as I watched CSI. I must have been quilting for a long time because before I realized it, it was almost nine 'o clock. I decided that I wanted to take a long, hot bath and continue reading a book that was loaned to me by Linda (Laume) named The Mists of Avalon. It's a really good book and in the last few days I've gotten twice as far as I was. I lied in the bath for about an hour and the got out and continued to read for a while. Then I continued quilting until one in the morning when I finally finished. Now I just have to sew it and bind the edges.

3 comments:

Laume said...

We don't have a pizza hut nearby.

The wings look great.

I can hardly wait to see a photo of your quilt top!!!!! Are you going to tie the top or quilt it? By hand or by machine? If you do it by machine, you'll need something called a walking foot so it doesn't bunch. I can show you what that looks like when you come up if you can wait.

Where are you in the book? I'm glad you like it. Totally different view of the Arthur legend, isn't it?

Laume said...

Where'd you get the cool fairy picture in your sidebar?

Miss Elena said...

I'm doing it by hand and I'm quilting the whitish squares.

I'm at the part where Morgaine is grown and her cousin (I think it was) is coming to visit. When I stopped they were eating dinner.

I found it on a site for people who like to dress up for fun. It was a lady who enjoyed dressing as fantasy figures.