Friday, July 13, 2007

Swim Fiesta & More

I finally found my phone and charged it, so one of the first things that I did was call my best friend Rebecca. We made plans and the last couple days I've spent at her house. I was there yesterday in the afternoon and came back later and stayed the night. It was a lot of fun: We were able to catch up on everything that I'd missed while I was gone, and I also was able to meet her cousins who are here from Sweden. Her littlest cousin is so adorable! Everytime I see her I think of a little fairy, and I'm able to communicate with her mildly even though unlike her brothers, she doesn't speak English. Her brothers are 13 and 15 and the one that is our age is exeptionally fluent in English. I was really interested to hear about Sweden and apparently it is raining and about 50 degrees during the summer there. Beach on a summer day?

Anyways, it was fun and Rebecca and I finally got rid of our one piece tans from swimming, or at least I did. It was so weird the first time that we stepped into her pool. There were warm patches everywhere because the filter hadn't been running and stirring up the water. It was actually kind of funny. Unfortunately, her and her family are leaving for Sweden on Monday for the rest of the summer and it would cost a buttload of money to even call. So I guess I'll have to find someone else to hang out with for a while.

Today we went with my parents to see the newest Harry Potter. It was awesome except a few things were different than the way that the book had described them. Also there wasn't even a mention of Quiddich throughout the entire movie. I think most of the social aspect of the books were taken out of the movie to focus around the fact that Lord Voldemort was back. It was a really good movie with lots of action though. I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but it is pretty high up there. And Harry kissed Cho! She wasn't very pretty though. Oh well. I would recomend the movie if you haven't seen it. Most of you probably haven't though since it's only been out for three days. That's all for today, but I will write again soon.

1 comment:

Laume said...

You can always e-mail and IM your friend while she's in Sweden. Sweden will be ahead of us, probably about nine hours? That's what it was between California and Paris.

Yeah, they had to cut a lot out of the book, but I think they did a good job of leaving in what's critical to the continuing story for the next book. I bet they have to ask J K Rowling which characters or scenes HAVE to stay because they relate to things she knows about the last book that we don't know yet.